CNN’s abandonment of news to climb in bed with the tea party has turned into an epic disaster as the network has lost 52% of its viewers.
In a month where all three cable networks had ratings declines, no one did as badly as CNN. The network lost 52% of their total viewers (Run, Anderson, run. Imagine what a Cooper/Maddow primetime could do for MSNBC). Wolf Blitzer’s The Situation Room was down 46% in total viewers and 61% in the demo. How bad for have things gotten for CNN? In my recent travels, I passed through four airports, and not a single one had CNN on. The channel that I have been seeing more public televisions tuned to is The Weather Channel. Yes, even the weather is more interesting than CNN.
CNN’s problems started when the network bosses got the bright idea that they should try to copy Fox News, and move to the right. After climbing into bed with the Tea Party Express and hiring far right wingers Erick Erickson and Dana Loesch led to the current ratings disaster, what would you expect CNN to do?
If you said hire more right wingers and conservatives, congratulations, you are qualified for an upper management position at CNN. The network’s latest hire, Fox News cast-off Margaret Hoover, let the cat out the bag, “Executives at CNN have been looking for fresh faces and new talent with conservative perspectives, and in the end, offered me an opportunity that was too good to pass up. Indeed, competition, that sturdy pillar of capitalism, is alive and well in the cable news industry.”
Despite the fact that their network is dying because they hired a bunch of conservatives, executives at CNN are looking to hire… more….conservatives.
- Donald Trump takes shot at CNN ratings (politico.com)
- Trump Blasts Wolf Blitzer – Takes Shot at CNN’s Ratings During Fiery Exchange (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Why no one is watching CNN anymore (examiner.com)
- CNN’s Ratings continue to go down the S***ter (ferrellgummit.wordpress.com)
- Wolf Blitzer Spars With Donald Trump Over Obama’s Birth Certificate (usnews.com)
- CNN Hits 20-Year Weekday Primetime Low (m.deadline.com)
- Mediaite Launches ‘Trump Watch’ To Hold Cable Networks Accountable For Trump Airtime (mediaite.com)