From Oliver Willis’ Blog…
There are probably 800,000 stories like this that would come out if Donald Trump was seriously running for President (he isn’t):
Over the last few years, according to interviews and hundreds of pages of court documents, the real estate mogul has aggressively marketed several luxury high-rises as “Trump properties” or “signature Trump” buildings, with names like Trump Tower and Trump International — even making appearances at the properties to woo buyers. The strong indication of his involvement as a developer generated waves of media attention and commanded premium prices.
But when three of the planned buildings encountered financial trouble, it became clear that Mr. Trump had essentially rented his name to the developments and had no responsibility for their outcomes, according to buyers. In each case, he yanked his name off the projects, which were never completed. The buyers lost millions of dollars in deposits even as Mr. Trump pocketed hefty license fees.
- The Situation of Donald Trump (thesituationist.wordpress.com)
- “The Trump trap for real estate buyers” and related posts (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- Trump’s “deliberately deceptive” name game (salon.com)
- Buying a Trump Property, or So They Thought (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Trump Sued (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Donald, YOU’RE FIRED! – Property Buyers Suing Trump (realestate.about.com)