Media hound Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) has harsh praise for the company he seeks — particularly when it comes to coverage of President Obama. He is a firm believer in the idea that the media and liberals’ collective “white guilt” rocketed an “articulate” black man to the presidency. Now, Walsh is convinced the media will go to great lengths to protect their chosen black hero.
In an interview with Walsh yesterday, the right-wing Media Research Center’s Brent Bozell insisted that the president is “playing class warfare and race warfare games” and asked Walsh why the media are “aiding and abetting” this onslaught. Walsh surmised the because the media “are so vested in our first black president not being a failure,” they will go to great lengths — including calling his detractors “racist” — to “protect him”:
BOZELL: [Y]ou see this administration playing class warfare and race warfare games. Now, that’s their problem. But what does it say about the national media that they are aiding and abetting this by not exposing the dishonesty here?
WALSH: Reagan was beautiful because Reagan simplified everything, so let’s simplify it. This guy pushed every one of the media’s buttons. He was liberal, he was different, he was new, he was black. Oh my God, it was the potpourri of everything. They are so vested in our first black president not being a failure that it’s going to be amazing to watch the lengths they go to protect him. They [the media], I believe, will spout this racist line if some of their colleagues up here aren’t doing it aggressively enough. There is going to be a real desperation.
Walsh has made more TV appearances than any other House freshman. Perhaps he’s just desperate to shift media focus away from his persistent refusal to pay child support for his three children. Perhaps he thinks lobbing race-based attacks at the media is the only way to do it. Regardless of his reasons, he’s liable to repeat it over and over again. “And there’s nothing racist about this,” he has said of the attack. “It is what it is.”
- Rep. Joe Walsh Refuses to be “Prop” at President’s Jobs Speech (chicagoist.com)
- Joe Walsh: Obama Is President Because He Is Black (onebluestocking.wordpress.com)
- Who is Ulsterman? The Top Inventor of Lies About Barack Obama is Revealed Here! (socyberty.com)
- Joe Walsh Apologizes For Calling Obama ‘Idiotic,’ Stands By Opposition To Jobs Speech (huffingtonpost.com)
- Deadbeat Dad Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) Ordered To Prove He Doesn’t Owe $100,000 in Child Support (crooksandliars.com)
- Walsh Will Run in New District (politicalwire.com)
- Rep. Joe Walsh Wants Ex-Wife Sanctioned In Child Support Case (huffingtonpost.com)
- An Ode to Joe “Deadbeat Dad” Walsh (garystlawrence.wordpress.com)