There may be some merit in Governor Rick Perry’s premise that printing more money now, may cause some problems. However, the larger issue from his statement begs for answers.
I wonder what Perry was talking about when he said: “If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas.
Was he referring to the unusually high rate of capital punishment? By an off-chance, could he be referring to Texas’ history of violence such as lynching and dragging people chained to a pick-up to their death?
I’d sure like the Governor to expound on his statement…
Texas Governor Rick Perry, who entered the presidential campaign on Saturday, appeared to suggest a violent response would be warranted should Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke “print more money” between now and the election.
Speaking just now in Iowa, Perry said, “If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas.
Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.” Treason is a capital offense.
- W2.0:Rick Perry Want To Try Ben Bernanke For Treason (zerohedge.com)
- Rick Perry Would Treat Ben Bernanke ‘Pretty Ugly’ For ‘Printing More Money To Play Politics’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry: It Would Be ‘Almost Treasonous’ For Ben Bernanke To Print More Money Before Election (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Perry: “We Would Treat [Ben Bernanke] Pretty Ugly Down In Texas” (alan.com)
- Perry: Bernanke stimulus would be ‘treasonous’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rick Perry Wants to Execute the Chairman of the Fed [Video] (gawker.com)
- Rick Perry: ‘quantitative easing akin to treason’ (guardian.co.uk)