I know we should all be used to the right-wing media with their exaggerations and falsehoods about the POTUS, but this one stands out as egregious as it can get…
During his speech to the Congressional Black Caucus on September 24, President Obama said to African-American leaders: “I expect all of you to march with me and press on. Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes. Shake it off. Stop complaining. Stop grumbling. Stop crying. We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do, CBC.”
Unsurprisingly, the Drudge Report used the speech as an opportunity for race-baiting.
Drudge highlighted the speech with this quote: “Obama to Blacks: ‘Put On Your Marching Shoes,’ ” and accompanied it with a photograph of what looked like black people protesting in front of the White House with their fists raised:
This would have been an innocuous enough photo if this had been any other media outlet. But this is the Drudge Report, a website that traffics in race. The fact that this was a photo depicting blacks with raised fists under what some have interpreted as “a dog whistle for race riots” tells its own tale. And this is a long-running theme with Drudge.
Gateway Pundit blogger Jim Hoft took it even further. In a post headlined, “Obama Puts on His Best Dialect & Tells Black Audience ‘Stop Complaining & Fight,’ ” he wrote:
Barack Obama told his black audience last night to “Put on your marching shoes.”
Barack Obama delivered the red meat to the big government socialists of the Congressional Black Caucus.
He was pushing his latest half trillion dollar stimulus that he insists will work… this time.
And, since he was speaking to the black caucus he broke out the black dialect.
- Michelle Obama Smeared for Wearing Borrowed Jewlery (crooksandliars.com)
- UPDATE: Matt Drudge Removes Lying Headline (towleroad.com)
- Obama tells blacks to ‘stop complainin’ and fight (Obama trying to start race war against whites) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Drudge Report Skewers Obama Over Market Drop And Vineyard Vacation (businessinsider.com)
- Obama tells Congressional Black Caucus to join him in jobs fight (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama to Blacks: ‘Stop Complainin’ and Fight (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Obama tells blacks to ‘stop complainin’ and fight (philly.com)