Grit TV is doing an expose’ series on the Chamber of Commerce and why they decided to manipulate this year’s midterm elections with anonymous donor money which may or may not include money from foreign sources.
“The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.”
So reports a headline story in the New York Times today about the Chamber of Commerce’s increasingly secretive and partisan fundraising and lobbying efforts. The Chamber, once an institution that supported small and family businesses, increasingly does the bidding of a few large corporations, and in the first part of our GRITtv Digs investigation, Harry Hanbury starts to open up the Chamber’s secrets for you.
- The Chamber of Commerce’s Secret Donors (nytimes.com)
- Laura Flanders: The F Word: Fight for Your Right to Vote for CEO Pay (huffingtonpost.com)
- Local Chapters Revolt as U.S. Chamber of Commerce Tries to Buy the Election for Republicans (alternet.org)
- “Three Reasons to Leave the Chamber of Commerce.” and related posts (elephantjournal.com)
- New York Times Article Details Chamber of Commerce’s Fundraising (news.firedoglake.com)
- “Chamber Of Commerce Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies That May Be Used to Attack Democrats” and related posts (blogs.alternet.org)