The worst part is that his base believes this crap!
Rick Santorum continued to rail against President Obama’s so-called war against religion during a town hall in Plano, Texas Wednesday night. The former Pennsylvania senator — who has spent the last several days criticizing the government’s requirement that insurers provide contraception coverage and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal’s decision striking down Proposition 8 — accused the administration of “crushing” religion and setting the United States on the path towards executing religious people by decapitation:
SANTORUM: They are taking faith and crushing it. Why? Why? When you marginalize faith in America, when you remove the pillar of God-given rights, then what’s left is the French Revolution. What’s left is the government that gives you right, what’s left are no unalienable rights, what’s left is a government that will tell you who you are, what you’ll do and when you’ll do it. What’s left in France became the guillotine. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re a long way from that, but if we do and follow the path of President Obama and his overt hostility to faith in America, then we are headed down that road.
- Santorum leaks secret Obama agenda – Execute the Religious (disclose.tv)
- Rick Santorum’s Bizarre Revisionist View of the French Revolution (crooksandliars.com)
- Santorum: Obama marginalizing faith (thehill.com)
- Consuming Santorum May be Bad for Your Health (cantwinforlosing.net)
- President Obama Is Leading Us To The Guillotine (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Bizarre Candidate Warns Against American Executions of Monarchs (theawl.com)
- Santorum targets Obama, Romney at raucous Texas rally (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)