Shades of 1935 Germany!
When trying to figure out where presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) gets her stringent, anti-gay views, you only have to look as far as her husband. Dr. Marcus Bachmann, who has described himself as his wife’s “strategist,” runs a Christian-based counseling center in Minnesota that has been rumored to offer reparative treatment for those looking to “ungay” themselves.
Just last summer, Dr. Bachmann explained his position on homosexuality while offering theoretical advice to parents concerned that one of their children was gay.
BACHMANN: We have to understand: barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined. Just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn’t mean that we are supposed to go down that road. That’s what is called the sinful nature. We have a responsibility as parents and as authority figures not to encourage such thoughts and feelings from moving into the action steps…
And let’s face it: what is our culture, what is our public education system doing today? They are giving full, wide-open doors to children, not only giving encouragement to think it but to encourage action steps. That’s why when we understand what truly is the percentage of homosexuals in this country, it is small. But by these open doors, I can see and we are experiencing, that it is starting to increase.
- Bachmann’s Husband Calls Homosexuals ‘Barbarians’ Who ‘Need To Be Educated’ & ‘Disciplined’ (politicore.wordpress.com)
- Helping Michele Bachmann Find A Campaign Song (newsroom.mtv.com)
- What Is Michele Bachmann’s Problem? (thefifthcolumn2.wordpress.com)
- Michele Bachmann’s Story Of America [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Beast: Michele Bachmann Called Police on Lesbian Nun, Believes in Gay ‘Cure’ (towleroad.com)
- Michele Bachmann: Husband Received $137,000 in Medicaid Funds (theroot.com)
- Michele Bachmann’s Homophobia: Is it Reaction Formation? (skydancingblog.com)
- Michele Bachmann, gay-curing theocrat (salon.com)
- God Speaks To Michele Bachmann (fudgedreport.com)