Another mass shooting. Is it okay to bring up a plea, again, for sensible gun laws? Is there ever a good time to do so?
You know the NRA is meeting behind closed doors at this very moment planning their latest all-out assault on snuffing out any possible talk of gun laws. We’ll soon be hearing the entire litany of bullshit from gun nuts. You know, stuff like…’guns don’t kill, people do’ and ‘don’t blame guns. blame video games’ and “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”
Sadly, nothing is going to happen. After a whole bunch of shouting, the gun crazies will win out. They always do…which is why they get to applaud jerks who walk into a Starbucks with an assault rifle strapped to their backs. They also get to mock people like David Frum who put out a snarky tweet to illustrate how ludicrous the gun debate has become.
“In wake of this most recent mass-casualty shooting, it is important that we all respect the feelings of America’s gun enthusiasts.”
If today is a typical day in the United States, then 30 people will be killed by firearms and another 162 will be wounded by guns. When does the insanity stop?
- One Conservative’s Provocative Rules For Covering Mass Shootings (thinkprogress.org)
- The Fall of David Frum (pjmedia.com)
- David Frum: “Let’s Not Wait to Talk About Gun Control” (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Dianne Feinstein slams Congress for ‘shirking its responsibility’ on gun laws (rawstory.com)
- ‘Unmitigated ass’: Did you see how douche-ghoul David Frum politicized the Navy Yard shooting? (twitchy.com)
- Dear NRA: Are you really going to tell me that ‘guns don’t kill children; children kill children’? (rawstory.com)