Oh boy…the trend here is that prior to supporting Trump on this fabricated birther issue, most of those who support his efforts, like Rev. Franklin Graham, have already been inducted into the “hall of crazy” for previous off-the-wall political statements.
Reverend Franklin Graham appeared on This Week and host Christiane Amanpourgot him to share his feelings on many of today’s political personalities. In addition to speaking favorably of many potential Republican candidates for President, Graham revealed that he too is curious about why President Obama has yet to produce more records related to his birth.
Graham previously traveled with Sarah Palin to Haiti but declared that he doesn’t expect her to run for President. Graham said, “I don’t think she likes politics, I think she likes speaking on the issues, and I agree with many of the issues that she brings up.” Regarding other possible candidates, Graham admitted that Mitt Romney is “a very capable person,” however, Graham seemed more excited to talk about Donald Trump. Graham revealed about Trump:
“When I first saw that he was getting in, I thought ‘well this has got to be a joke,’ but the more you listen to him, the more you say to yourself, ‘you know maybe the guy’s right.’”
Not only is Graham open to supporting Trump for President, but Graham apparently has been listening to Trump long enough to also wonder about Obama’s birth certificate. Graham thinks Obama “can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly . . . I don’t know why he can’t produce that?” And despite considering Obama to be a “nice man,” Graham also suggests that even if Obama considers himself to be a Christian because he goes to Church, “a membership [alone] doesn’t make you a Christian.” Overall, it seems like the Reverend delivered to Obama a not so pleasant Easter Sunday message.
Watch the clip from ABC below:
- Franklin Graham, Another Birther?!! (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Franklin Graham on Donald Trump: ‘Maybe This Guy’s Right’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- “Even Franklin “Freaking” Graham doubts that Sarah Palin is running for President? Seriously?” and related posts (theimmoralminority.blogspot.com)
- Rev. Franklin Graham: Maybe Trump is right (crooksandliars.com)
- Rev. Graham on the 2012 GOP field: Trump may be right, Palin not running (thehill.com)
- The Rev. Graham Has Only Good Things To Say About Serial Philanderer Donald Trump’s Candidacy. (crooksandliars.com)
- TRENDING: Rev. Graham on 2012: Maybe Trump? (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)