I’ve heard some variation of the above statement since the POTUS appeared on Jimmy Fallon’s show. What I don’t understand is this:
Doesn’t it damage the office of the Presidency to insist that the President’s birth certificate is not authentic; to hurl personal attacks at President Obama on a daily basis, especially on Fox News. Fox Nation, the online website of Fox News have maintained the most vile dialogue from readers, pertaining to President Obama; they try at every turn to denigrate the President‘s most significant accomplishments (Killing Osama Bin Laden and Health Care.)
How is it these people are so concerned about the office of the President’s image when they have been attempting to tear it down Barack Obama’s image even before he was elected? When Mr. Obama was elected by a wide margin, they started doubling down on their personal attacks.
Add syndicated conservative columnist Cal Thomas to the list of those upset over President Obama’s appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this week.
Thomas expressed his displeasure Saturday afternoon on Fox News Watch with Obama’s light-hearted appearance on the NBC late night show.
“There is a certain decorum about the presidency, I think,” Thomas complained. “When you take it on and lower it to that level, I think it does damage to the image of the office. It’s a distraction from the important stuff going on. The jobs and the economy, foreign policy issues.”
Thomas isn’t the first on Fox this week to criticize Obama’s appearance on Fallon. Gretchen Carlson bizarrely thought Wednesday that Obama’s decision to appear was “nutso.”
MSNBC’s Ed Schultz slammed Carlson for her comments later in the day.
WATCH: Video from Fox News, which was broadcast from April 28, 2012.
- Obama’s 11 Most Badass Moments (thedailybeast.com)
- Fox analyst: Obama’s appearance on Fallon damaged the image of the presidency (rawstory.com)
- Fox News host decries President Obama’s appearance on Jimmy Fallon (Video) (examiner.com)
- WATCH: Colbert Takes On ‘Slow Jam’-Gate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gretchen Carlson On Obama’s Late Night Appearance: ‘I Think It’s Nutso,’ ‘Lowers Status Of The Office’ (mediaite.com)
- Colbert Calls Out Fox News For Their Hypocrisy Over Obama’s ‘Slow Jam’ On Jimmy Fallon (businessinsider.com)
- Mario Piperni on Cluster Fox News (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)