I haven’t published this Politico feature in a while. This particular one was from Friday 8-16-2013…
Michelle Obama, Jay Carney and Donald Trump are shown in a composite. | AP Photos
The top quotes in politics…
“I’m in this business to win.” — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie reassuring Republican leaders.
“Reporting for #juryduty.” — Arizona Sen. John McCain tweeting about his afternoon in Maricopa County Superior Court.
“I think I’m too famous.” — Rush Limbaugh brushing off suggestions that he should moderate a presidential debate.
“Why does that make me not serious?” — Donald Trump defending his ongoing skepticism about the president’s birth certificate.
“I love an endorsement by Sarah Palin, what’s not to love?” — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paultouting support for “Team Rand” from the former Alaska governor.
“I want to be this really fly 80-, 90-year old.” — First Lady Michelle Obama dishing on her upcoming birthday.
“I’m kind of busy right now.” — “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson shutting down talks of a congressional run.
“Can you teach me how to do the Jackal?” — White House Press Secretary Jay Carneywelcoming West Wing star Allison Janney to Twitter.
- FLOTUS: U.S. ready for 1st female president (politico.com)
- Donald Trump: GOP needs ‘perfect’ candidate to beat Hillary Clinton – maybe himself (washingtontimes.com)
- LOOK: Bo, FLOTUS Take Adorable Selfie (freshwaddabrooks.com)
- Michelle Obama’s ‘Let’s Move’ campaign helped curb childhood obesity (tv.msnbc.com)
- Carney wants to learn ‘The Jackal’ (politico.com)