Let’s be clear here, Glenn Beck wants to replace his former Fox News colleagues as the most outrageous commentator in the media. His brand of manufactured outrage sells and believe me he’s selling and his audience is buying: his books, lectures, rallies and so on. Having said that, what blows my mind is that millions of people listen to this clown and believes every word he utters. To that, I say: Yikes!
Although President Obama condemned the Internal Revenue Service for singling out conservative groups in the months leading up to the 2012 election, former NAACP Chairman Julian Bond called the organization’s actions “completely legitimate.” And it was that sentiment that set conservative radio host Glenn Beck off, calling the entire organization a “joke” and an “affront” to what former black civil rights leaders stood for.
“They are a joke, and an affront to everything that Martin Luther King and anybody who ever… Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglass, you are an affront to their memory,” Beck said.
While discussing the IRS scandal, Beck hurled insults at the Obama administration and the NAACP, saying the White House was concentrating on revenge and that the century-old African-American organization was illegitimate.
Beck went on to try to drive his point home with an even stranger defense, asserting that 20 percent of lynchings performed by the Ku Klux Klan were of white people–a point he apparently “hates to keep bringing up.” He then went on to compare those white people who were lynched to members of the Tea Party.
“You know what, I contend the white people that were lynched are exactly the kind of people that would be in the Tea Party today,” he said.
Beck’s sentiments have us scratching our heads a bit, but then again what else is new? From calling the president a girl, to saying African American is not a race we can’t say we’re all that surprised by his latest rant.
- Glenn Beck does not get Jews and Nazis (blogs.jta.org)
- Glenn Beck: NAACP Is A Joke (huffingtonpost.com)
- Glenn Beck Said With A Straight Face: “White People Lynched by the KKK Would be Tea Party Activists Today” (Video) (freakoutnation.com)
- Beck: White People Lynched by the KKK Would Be Tea Party Activists Today (smd12364.newsvine.com)
- Glenn Beck doesn’t seem to know what the words ‘tyranny’ and ‘inquisition’ mean (pullingtotheleft.wordpress.com)
- Re: Glenn Beck threatening to “expose the Boston false flag” come Monday (forum.prisonplanet.com)