Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is once again not clear on which side of an issue he stands. Seems like we’ve been here before…
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know. 07-Jun-2002
Speaking at a conservative gathering late last month, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said he didn’t know if President Barack Obama had switched sides in the War on Terror.
The video below — mined by Democratic opposition researcher James Carter IV — shows Rumsfeld answering a question from a man off-screen at an event hosted by the David Horowtiz Freedom Center on May 21 in the Los Angeles area.
“As you go around the country, do you have any sense or the same sort of sinking feeling that the rest of us have that [Obama has] actually switched sides in the War on Terror?” the man asked, drawing a smattering of applause from the audience.
“You know, I just don’t feel competent to answer,” Rumsfeld said. “I can’t tell.”
Rumsfeld added, “It bothers me greatly that he’s unwilling to identify the enemy. I don’t see how you win if you don’t.”
Carter, best-known for spotting the infamous “47 percent” video involving Mitt Romney, told TPM that the full video of Rumsfeld’s appearance went up on the Freedom Center’s websiteon Monday. How did he find the video?
“This is just what I do,” Carter said.
- Donald Rumsfeld Gets Grilled By Interviewer On Iraq War: ‘Did You Ever Think About Apologizing?’ (mediaite.com)
- Hannity Recasts Rumsfeld Into A Hero In The War On Terror (newshounds.us)
- Monica Crowley Suggests We Need To Compromise The Bill Of Rights (newshounds.us)
- Donald Rumsfeld on Rumsfeld’s Rules (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Jon Stewart calls out Rumsfeld and Cheney: Obama’s transgressions don’t wipe away yours (rawstory.com)