I’m from New York City and the Daily News has not always been my paper of choice. However this time and in 1995 with Cry Baby Newt on the cover, they got it right!
New York Daily News blamed House Speaker John Boehner and the “tea party faction he can’t seem to control” for Tuesday’s government shutdown, in the graphic-heavy way we’ve all come to know and love:
Hey, at least Kevin Spacey’s character got stuff done.
This is, of course, not the first time the Daily News has skewered a House Speaker for a government shutdown:
- If a Government Shutdown Happens, It Will Be John Boehner’s Fault (Video) (ivoter.net)
- John Boehner Gives A One-Minute Shutdown Press Conference, And Walks Off After Taking Two Questions (businessinsider.com)
- Obama in Shutdown Politics Channels Clinton Who Proved a Winner (bloomberg.com)
- Government Shutdown Nearer as House Republicans Huddle (bloomberg.com)
- Congress plunges nation into government shutdown (star-telegram.com)
- Government Shutdown 1 Day Away as Deal Evades Lawmakers (bloomberg.com)