This week’s address is delivered by Francine Wheeler, whose six year old son, Ben, was murdered alongside nineteen other children and six educators in Newtown, Connecticut, four months ago. Now, Francine — joined by her husband David — is asking the American people to help prevent this type of tragedy from happening to more families like hers.
- Weekly Address: Sandy Hook Victim’s Mother Calls for Commonsense Gun Responsibility Reforms (whitehouse.gov)
- The President’s Special Guest For The Weekly Address: Ms. Francine Wheeler, Mother Of Ben Wheeler. (theobamacrat.com)
- The President’s Weekly Address: Remarks of Francine Wheeler (guardian.co.uk)
- Sandy Hook Mother To Speak In Presidential Address (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Sandy Hook mom to deliver presidential radio address (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother pleads for action on gun control (guardian.co.uk)