Another RWNJ gets it all wrong…
Hey, Reince Priebus: Here’s some more top-notch minority outreach from your partners at the right-wing Media Research Center.
MSNBC just announced that Karen Finney, a network political analyst and former communications director of the Democratic National Committee, will host a new weekend show.MRC director of media analysis Tim Graham immediately Tweeted:
MSNBC touting Karen Finney as another African-American host. Would the average viewer be able to guess that? Or is Boehner a shade more tan?
— Tim Graham (@TimJGraham) April 2, 2013
Finney is African-American, although MSNBC didn’t particularly “tout” that in its press release; it mentioned that she was the first African-American communications director of the DNC and is a member of the National Association of Black Journalists. I’m not sure what would cause Graham to even muse about her racial bona fides, let alone share his idiocy publicly. When mocked on Twitter, he just dug his hole deeper:
In a 2010 Huffington Post piece Finney wrote about being the descendant of slaves on her father’s side and Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee on her mother’s side. Maybe it’s too much to ask that Graham inform himself about the biological and cultural diversity of African-Americans. It’s not too much to ask, though, that he shut up about his ignorance, but I won’t hold my breath.
- Karen Finney named new MSNBC weekend host (tv.msnbc.com)
- Male African-American Unemployment Is Over 50 Percent Among Dropouts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Poll: Despite Economic Woes, Blacks Say Obama Election Has Helped Them (atlantablackstar.com)
- NPR, on being a mixed race African-American (realblogcritic.wordpress.com)
- This Former DNC Spokesperson Just Got Her Own MSNBC Weekend Show (mediaite.com)
- Juan Williams’ Son To Run GOP Outreach To African Americans, Youth (buzzfeed.com)
- Hannity Guest: MSNBC Is A Network Of ‘Lunatics’ And ‘Racial Fanatics’ (newshounds.us)