Here’s what’s been happening in the Trayvon Martin case, in case you’ve not been paying attention.
1. Zimmerman has spent over $300,000 in donations over the last year and is desperate for more funds to finance his defense.
2. The trial has been set for June 10. Zimmerman recently asked for a delay of the trial until November but a judge denied his request.
3. New forensic analysis “casts doubt on Zimmerman’s timeline on the night he shot and killed the unarmed teen.”
4. Zimmerman has gained 105 pounds.
5. The defense team acquired Trayvon Martin’s school records. According to Zimmerman’s lawyers “some information in Trayvon Martin’s file could be relevant in the defense of George Zimmerman.”
6. Zimmerman is suing NBC News. In the suit, Zimmerman claims NBC unfairly portrayed him as a “racist and predatory villain.”
7. The judged denied Zimmerman’s request to be removed from GPS tracking.
8. Trayvon Martin would have turned 18 on February 5.
- Trayvon Martin Update, In Case You’ve Not Been Following It… (alan.com)
- Judge rejects Zimmerman lawyers’ request for trial delay (thegrio.com)
- What’s Happened In The Trayvon Martin Case Since You Stopped Paying Attention (thinkprogress.org)
- Zimmerman wants to delay trial for Trayvon shooting case (thegrio.com)
- Trayvon Martin’s 18th birthday, George Zimmerman in court Tuesday (wjla.com)
- Justice For Trayvon? George Zimmerman Losses Bid To Delay Murder Trial On Slain Teen’s 18th Birthday (bossip.com)