The POTUS was in my neck of the woods today, that is…if you count 15 miles northeast of Decatur, GA as part of my neck of the woods.
When I first moved to Georgia, I remember folks always used the term “up the road”. I assumed, coming from New York City, that the term meant about 4 or 5 blocks. That was not a correct assumption. “Up the road” could mean as far as 1 to 5 miles.
So using the term “my neck of the woods” is not a far stretch, down here.
DECATUR, Ga. — President Obama on Thursday met the man who made “47 percent” part of Mitt Romney’s legacy.
Obama and opposition researcher James Carter, who released the infamous Romney fundraiser video, met backstage before Obama’s education event here, Carter’s cousin, Georgia state Sen. Jason Carter, told POLITICO.
Upon being introduced and told of James Carter’s role in the 47 percent video, Obama jumped forward to embrace him.
“Thank you, thank you so much,” Obama told James Carter, his cousin said.
Both Carters are grandsons of former President Jimmy Carter.
- President Obama Talks Universal Preschool in Georgia (blogher.com)
- President Obama Thanks 47% Video Man (ronmwangaguhunga.blogspot.com)
- Report: Obama To Announce Another Presidential Voting Commission – But Will It Mirror the Sham Baker/Carter Election Commission After 2004? (bradblog.com)
- Stephen Colbert to raise money for sister’s congressional campaign (washingtonpost.com)
- President Jimmy Carter — I’m FIRED UP to See Beyonce!!! (tmz.com)
- Obama to visit Decatur, Ga., Thursday (jacksonville.com)
- Cue the Right Wing Paranoia: Obama Thanks James Carter for Romney 47% Video (politicususa.com)