I saw this very insightful report on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell yesterday. Yet somehow, because it removes the sensationalism and hysteria found in most recent news reports, the information given in to Ms. Mitchell is grossly under reported.
Mike Rogers Interview on Andrea Mitchell: Video
Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that “there is oversight” on the Obama administration’s drone strikes against U.S. citizens who are believed to be senior al-Qaeda leaders.
“I review all of the air strikes that we use under this title of the law,” he told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell. Rogers added that Americans who decide to join al-Qaeda become enemies of the U.S. “If you have someone who has joined this organization, and they may not be engaged in plot a today, but part of an organization plotting to kill Americans, and so they’ve joined the enemy. So you don’t just kill the enemy when they’re at the gate.”
Rogers insisted there is not a long list of Americans on any “kill list.” “I can candidly tell you that,” he said.
- House Intel Chair on White House drone policy: “There is oversight” (tv.msnbc.com)
- Leaked Justice Department Memo Reveals Legal Case for Targeted Killings of US Citizens (dprogram.net)
- Reports: Secret U.S. drone base in Mideast (news.yahoo.com)
- DOJ memo justifies drone kills of U.S. citizens abroad (anirrationalviewoftheirrational.wordpress.com)
- White House, Congress square off over Justice Dept. rules for drone strikes (thehill.com)
- Secret American Drone Base In Saudi Arabia Revealed (newsy.com)
- Rogers Defends Drone Strikes (freebeacon.com)
- OLC Drones Memo Should Be Released, Says House Intel Chair Mike Rogers (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama to give white paper on targeted killings to Congress (wtvr.com)
- OLC Drones Memo Should Be Released: House Intel Chair Mike Rogers (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)