New Rule: You can’t say you LOVE something and only recognize SOME of it, be it a holy book, a constitution or a marriage vow.
If you want to scream ANYTHING involving the Second Amendment and how you will fight to the death to protect it, and you are unable to recognize the FIRST FOUR WORDS as being an important part of that Amendment, your opinion holds no value to the rest of us. And you and I know, walking into a Walmart and buying an assault rifle, is not well-regulated by any stretch of the imagination.
Pick-n-Choose Patriotism, really isn’t Patriotism. – vince
As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
- Letter: Government’s duty is to protect public (knoxnews.com)
- Seen On The Internet (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- The 2nd Amendment did not create the militia. (turcopolier.typepad.com)
- Letter to the Editor: Create reasonable gun control (caller.com)
- Does slavery have any place in the gun control debate? (thegrio.com)
- Founding Fathers Words Reveal 2nd Amendment Was… To Preserve Slavery? (addictinginfo.org)
- When All Else Fails, Read the Amendment (revkennydickson.com)