Dolphins are my favorite sea creatures. When I ran across this video, I simply had to share why they are my favorite. The humans in this video are the coolest, ever. Enjoy…
This video of a dolphin in need is really something on so many levels.
It turns out that the dolphin had fishing line and a hook stuck on one of its fins, so it approached a group of divers who were watching manta rays at night near Kona, Hawaii. Fortunately one of the professional divers was able to help remove some of the fishing line that was restricting the movement of the dolphin, though in the end they were unable to remove the hook.
There are plenty of warnings at the beginning (the divers are professional so don’t try this at home), followed by the dolphin swimming around the group, with the untangling action starting around the 3:30 mark.
You won’t believe how calm and trusting the dolphin is with the diver, who patiently cuts away the line.
- An Entangled Dolphin Approaches a Diver And Gets Help (outsideonline.com)
- VIDEO: Diver frees dolphin from line (newsnet5.com)
- WATCH: Wild Dolphin Asks Divers to Help Free Itself from Hook (ecorazzi.com)
- Diving Guide – Tropical Vaction (motortrend.com)
- Divers capture amazing dolphin-rescue on video (io9.com)
- Dolphin seeks help (boingboing.net)
- Entangled dolphin asks diver for help (wwlp.com)
- Dolphin Tangled in Fishing Line Approaches Divers for Help (Video) (misebogland.wordpress.com)