Pro-gun rights politicians are wimps when it comes to facing the public with their gun advocacy stance, especially in the aftermath of a horrific event like the Newton massacre. Yet behind closed doors they accept “campaign contributions” and endorsements from the National Rifle Association (NRA) with no hesitation. The hypocrisy is astounding…
“We reached out to all 31 pro-gun rights senators in the new Congress to invite them on the program to share their views on the subject this morning,” he said. “We had no takers.”
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) joined the show to discuss a greater need for gun control. She announced that Senate Democrats would intrduce a new bill banning assault weapons on the first day of the new Congress in January.
MTP Executive Producer Betsy Fischer Martin confirmed that none of the 31 senators invited would agree to come on.
Pro-gun rights have been mostly quiet since a gunman walked into a Connecticut elementary school on Friday and shot 26 people, including children, and then himself.The NRA on Friday refused to comment on the shooting.
One exception? Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Fox News Sunday that he believed more guns are the answer to violence in schools.
“I wish to god she had had an M4 in her office,” he said of Sandy Hook Elementary School principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed in the shooting.
- US gun control movement tries to shed election losing reputation – One News … – TVNZ (tvnz.co.nz)
- GOP Senate Coup Puts WA’s Gun Laws in Hands of NRA “A+” Rated Committee Chair (slog.thestranger.com)
- Enough Unnecessary Tragedy, Time to Disarm America and the NRA (planetpov.com)
- Why the NRA Is Still Winning the War on Guns (theatlanticwire.com)
- Fuck You, Guns (jezebel.com)
- Gun control movement tries to shed election losing reputation (news.terra.com)
- Gun Control: Time to Get Serious? (thehollywoodgossip.com)