I wish Secretary of State Clinton a speedy recovery…
The State Department said an ill Clinton is now recovering at home after the incident, according to the AP.
CBS News’ Margaret Brennen reports Clinton was dehydrated from a stomach bug.
This is a developing story.. Check back for more..
Clinton will not testify as scheduled before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Jodi Seth, a spokeswoman for Chairman John Kerry (D-Mass.).The State Department told Kerry of Clinton’s concussion on Saturday morning, and, when he heard, Kerry insisted that she not attend the hearing.
“Senator Kerry was relieved to hear that the secretary is on the mend, but he insisted that given her condition, she could not and should not appear on Thursday as previously planned, and that the nation’s best interests are served by the report and hearings proceeding as scheduled with senior officials appearing in her place,” Seth said.
Clinton deputies Tom Nides and Bill Burns will testify in her place, Seth said.
- How Can You Not Like This Photo of Hillary Clinton and Meryl Streep? (theatlanticwire.com)
- Hillary Clinton became America’s top diplomat (itv.com)
- Christina Aguilera Confirms Hillary Clinton Stared Down Her Top At Meeting (patdollard.com)
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Mind You Talking About Her Hair (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)
- Hillary Clinton Sidelined by Stomach Bug (nymag.com)