Sen. DeMint is an ardent Tea Partier and is expected to use dog whistle politics every time he’s in front of a microphone.
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) “jokingly” compared the teachers strike in Chicago to the unrest in the Middle East during a speech at the Values Voters summit Friday morning.
“You know, we had a lot of bad news this week,” DeMint began. “On my way over, I was reading another story about a distant place where thugs had put 400,000 children out in the streets. And then I realized that was a story about the Chicago teachers strike. But we’ve got to think of good things.”
(Ed. Note: Emphasis are mine)
- U.S. Senators DeMint and Barrasso Introduce Bill to Remove Regulatory Burdens and Grow Businesses (kauffman.org)
- Chairman DeMint? (politico.com)
- DeMint claims Romney personally pledged support for pushing tea party agenda in first 100 days (dailykos.com)
- Palin, DeMint to attend Cruz rally; DeMint PAC airs ad (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)
- DeMint’s Dodd-Frank roadblock (politico.com)