Once again, Mario Piperni’s art and assessment of the Republican Convention speaks volumes…
The illustration pretty much sums up my thoughts on the Republican National Convention. Lies, deception and just plain nonsense. If you were solidly behind Romney before the convention, then three days of Obama bashing must have felt like an extended Christmas morning . Each new speaker brought out their own crudely wrapped gift of distortions, untruths and wingnuttery. I’m sure it was a joy.
If prior to the lie-fest you believed the Republican party represented all that is wrong with America, then nothing happened in those three days to change those sentiments…except, possibly, to reinforce any thought that, yes, these people are detached sociopaths.
But if you weren’t sure who you’d vote for in November and were hoping to learn something about Romney and how he planned to turn the economy around, you got nothing except vague promises and shiny glitter. No new ideas or policies were presented on the domestic front. But you did learn that Romney is intent on starting a new Middle East war with Iran…and something about reviving the Cold War and putting Putin in his place. Neocons love villains, real or imagined.
You also learned that empty chairs and invisible presidents are best left on a vaudeville stage.
- Mario Piperni on the Repug Circus (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- RNC in Tampa and GOP ill-fated nominee (english.ruvr.ru)
- Romney RNC Speech – Mention of Compassion, Got Little Reaction (fidlerten.com)
- The Republican Party Has a Reagan Hologram But Is Scared It Would Upstage Romney (gizmodo.com)
- America Is Done (personalliberty.com)
- Republican National Convention Video: “Mitt Romney: Introduction” (uneditedpolitics.com)
- Elephants everywhere at the GOP convention (photoblog.nbcnews.com)
- Video: Mitt Romney’s Republican National Convention speech (cbsnews.com)