1. Todd Akin On Abortion: ‘Legitimate Rape’ Victims Have ‘Ways To Try To Shut That Whole Thing Down’ (VIDEO)
Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) justified his extreme opposition to abortion by claiming that victims of “legitimate rape” rarely get pregnant.
In an interview with KTVI-TV on Sunday, the GOP Senate nominee was asked if he supported abortion in the case of rape.
2. Hank Williams Jr.: Obama Is ‘A Muslim President Who Hates Farming, Hates The Military, Hates The U.S. And We Hate Him’
Hank Williams Jr. reprised his role as a fiery anti-Obama blowhard on Friday, telling fans at a concert that the president was Muslim and anti-American.
Current TV correspondent David Shuster on Sunday joked that John Sununu “hasn’t taken his medication” because the former New Hampshire governor told a CNN host to “put an Obama bumper sticker on your forehead.”
Senior Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs said on Sunday that he would not be “lectured” about running a negative campaign while GOP hopeful Mitt Romney continued to use a “right-wing nut job” like so-called birther Donald Trump.
Rep. Paul Ryan is a vocal critic of President Obama’s stimulus bill. As one of the GOP’s most outspoken critics of government spending, he has not only argued that the stimulus did not work, but that the entire premise of deficit spending to jump-start the economy is flawed. But in 2002, Ryan sang a different tune.
- Oh my: Missouri GOP Senate nominee says victims of ‘legitimate rape’ don’t get pregnant (twitchy.com)
- Shuster: Sununu seems like he ‘hasn’t taken his medication’ (rawstory.com)
- Todd Akin: disgusting human (rachelsemancipation.wordpress.com)
- GOP Senate Candidate Todd Akin: Victims Of “Legitimate Rape” Usually Don’t Get Pregnant (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Todd Akin: ‘Legitimate’ rape victims don’t get pregnant (dailykos.com)
- Claire McCaskill Is ‘Stunned’ By Senate Opponent Todd Akin’s ‘Legitimate Rape’ Remark (businessinsider.com)