Conservatives are not very kind. Where is the compassionate conservatism that they used to tout? George W. Bush’s administration adapted the concept as well? As I recall, Karl Rove was a part of that administration.
On Saturday evening, Commerce Secretary John Bryson was involved in an incident where he hit two cars in quick succession. ABC Newsreports that he was initially suspected of a hit and run, before medical professionals confirmed that he had a seizure. Think Progress notes in their report that this is his second major seizure incident in four years – the first one being when he collapsed at a meeting in 2008. However, American Crossroads, the brainchild of Fox News contributor Karl Rove, thought that it would be cute to post on Twitter that he was driving drunk. To make it even worse, a spokesman for the group explained to TPM that was it was posted as a joke. Yeah, that’s so funny I could throw up.
Meanwhile, despite the news about Bryson’s seizure, FoxNews.com is still milking the story. A video from America’s Newsroom is currently the top featured video on FoxNews.com. Its headline blares, “US Commerce secreary cited in hit-and-run: Obama Cabinet member John Bryson cited for felony hit-and-run following two car crashes.”
- Karl Rove SuperPAC ‘Apologizes’ For Deleted Commerce Sec Drunk Driving Tweet (mediaite.com)
- Super PAC Suggests Alcohol Involved In Commerce Secretary Incident (abcnews.go.com)
- Spokesperson: Commerce secretary involved in accidents had seizure (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Commerce Chief Probed in Hit-in-Run (foxnews.com)
- John Bryson, US Commerce Secretary, cited in felony hit-run in San Gabriel Valley (abclocal.go.com)