This is what DEMOCRACY looks like!
On Thursday, the Justice Department demanded Florida Governor Rick Scott end his extensive purge of registered voters from the rolls because it was in violation offederal law. Scott still hasn’t formally responded but his county election supervisors have already taken action.
Florida elections supervisors said Friday they will discontinue a state-directed effort to remove names from county voter rolls because they believe the state data is flawed and because the U.S. Department of Justice has said the process violates federal voting laws...
The Justice Department letter and mistakes that the 67 county elections supervisors have found in the state list make the scrub undoable, saidMartin County Elections Supervisor Vicki Davis, president of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections…
Ron Labasky, the association’s general counsel, sent a memo to the 67 supervisors Friday telling them to stop processing the list.
“I recommend that Supervisors of Elections cease any further action until the issues raised by the Department of Justice are resolved between the parties or by a Court,” Labasky wrote.
H/t: Jueseppi B.
- County elections officials to halt controversial voter purge (tampabay.com)
- Justice Department Demands Florida Stop Purging Voter Rolls (tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Supervisors to halt voter purge because of unreliable list (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Feds demand halt to removing ineligible voters from Florida rolls (jacksonville.com)
- Feds Order Florida to Stop Purging Voter Rolls (foxnews.com)