Donald Trump is not important; he just thinks he is.
Trump is a small man who has big thoughts about himself, a vulgar attentionophile who cares not what damage he causes or whom he might hurt so long as he is in the spotlight. His loud, full-throated (is there any other way for The Donald?) embrace of birtherism is hardly surprising considering truth or consequences have never mattered much to the man George Will accurately described last weekend as a “bloviating ignoramus.”
But, alas, Will got it wrong — or, to be precise, he captured the mere essence of Trump (he’s a buffoon) but failed to properly describe the sheer ugliness of what the reckless, solipsistic clown is wreaking by continuing to espouse his belief that President Barack Obama is not a native-born American.
It’s one thing to boast about how smart and successful and rich he is — Trump does that every day. But to try to tap into the worst instincts of some folks in the GOP base — and, I fear, too many Democrats and independents, too — with his hardly veiled racism consigns Trump to a category of unconscionable scoundrels and power-hungry demagogues who must be denounced, scorned and vilified.
Hello, darkness, my old Mitt.
- Even George Will Thinks Donald Trump Is A ‘Bloviating Ignoramus’ (crooksandliars.com)
- George Will Calls Trump A ‘Bloviating Ignoramus With A Low IQ,’ Trump Then Fires Back (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Mario Piperni on Romney and the Great Bloviator (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Donald Trump rages in CNN meltdown over Obama ‘birther’ issue (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- George Will Savages Trump On This Week: He’s A ‘Bloviating Ignoramus’ With A ‘Very Low’ IQ (mediaite.com)