Mittens is feeling the heat…
The Romney campaign has approached one of Mitt Romney’s closest high school friends and asked him to give “supporting remarks” about Romney after a Washington Post story detailed a bullying incident from Romney’s time at the Cranbrook School, reportsABC News.
The friend, Stu White, told ABC he is still deciding whether he will help the campaign. White was not present when the specific incident in the Post story – in which Romney and others held down a fellow student presumed to be gay and cut his hair – took place. White told ABC that he knew several other classmates had also been contacted by the campaign and asked to counter the article’s portrayal of Romney.
- Former Mitt Romney classmate remembers his bullying as ‘evil’ and ‘like Lord of the Flies’ (dailykos.com)
- Romney again insists he doesn’t recall bullying incident but admits he did ‘stupid things’ in high school (abcnews.go.com)
- Teenage Mitt Romney assaulted a classmate in high school for being gay (dailykos.com)
- Romney apologizes for high school ‘teasing’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Romney Sorry For ‘Prank’ At Cranbrook High (detroit.cbslocal.com)