An addendum to the previous post…
I thought this was remarkably stupid.
Fox News has responded to President Obama’s appearance on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon by suggesting that Obama is somehow denigrating the office of the presidency. For instance, today on Fox & Friends, co-host Gretchen Carlson said that it’s “nutso” for Obama to go on “these comedy shows” because it “lowers the status of the office.”
The Queen of screech, Ann Coulter, chimed in with…
“It’s pretty pathetic that that’s what the president has to go to but what else is he gonna do?”
Okay. My question is what these same people had to say back in 2008 when a certain president showed up on a popular game show.
A game show! Did poor little Gretchen believe then that Bush’s satellite appearance on Deal Or No Deal was also “nutso”? Did it lower the status of the office?
Or what about Mitt Romney’s appearance on Letterman last December? “Pathetic” might be better used to describe Mitt’s reading of the Top 10 (no.9 – “What’s up gangstas, it’s the M-i-double tizzle.” Sheesh.)
Personally, I see no problem with presidents and prime ministers and other world leaders mingling with the common folk as long as they keep a certain decorum. The only thing pathetic here is the right-wing’s transparent and patented hypocrisy on all matters Obama.
- Mario Piperni on Cluster Fox News (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Gretchen Carlson On Obama’s Late Night Appearance: ‘I Think It’s Nutso,’ ‘Lowers Status Of The Office’ (mediaite.com)
- Fox News host decries President Obama’s appearance on Jimmy Fallon (Video) (examiner.com)
- Jeffrey Toobin: Some Republican Judges ‘Deranged By Their Hatred Of The President’ (thefifthcolumn2.wordpress.com)
- Fox analyst: Obama’s appearance on Fallon damaged the image of the presidency (rawstory.com)
- Fox News’ Gretchen Carlson calls Obama appearance on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’ ‘nutso’ (thegrio.com)