If anyone from the MSM believes that the influence Fox News wields in the media is negligible this video should prove as a reminder that they are wrong. Glenn Beck is a case in point. His show on CNN made barely a blip on of the RWNM’s radar, but as soon as he began his Vicks vapor rub routine on Fox News, he became a media sensation and tea party hero. But as soon as he was booted of the network by Ailes because his mission had been accomplished, we rarely hear much about the rodeo clown these days. But it doesn’t mean he’s still not melting down and issuing warnings of the coming left wing Armageddon.
Beck: Capitalists, if you think that you can play footsie with these people, you are wrong. They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you. They will do it. They’re not messing around. Those in the media – and I am included in this – they will drag us out into the streets and kill us. If you’re wealthy, they will kill you for what you have. You cannot tolerate this kind of stuff. You certainly do not encourage it.”
Wow, that’s out there even for him. I was hoping to see one of his Dr. Gene Scott charts in the mix. Oh, well. Anyway, please keep donating to our Solidarity Pizza fund to support the Occupy Wall Street movement. It will also go a long way in ensuring more insane meltdowns by the wingnuts and Wall Street apologists which is just fun to watch: Beck’s warning to Nancy Pelosi was priceless. Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Glenn Beck: Crush Anti-Wall St. Protests (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- Glenn Beck’s #OWS Meltdown: ‘Violent Left Is Coming to Our Streets to Smash, to Tear Down, to Kill, to Bankrupt, to Destroy’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Glenn Beck Stands By His Comments On Protesters: ‘It Ends In Violence With Marxists Every Single Time’ (mediaite.com)
- “The violent left is coming to our streets, all of our streets, to smash, to tear down, to kill, to bankrupt, and destroy,” Beck said. (barbaradiamond.blogspot.com)
- FINALLY! Glenn Beck Is Putting Out A Teabagger Clothing Line! (dlisted.com)
- Rachel Maddow: Glenn Beck, Conservatives Having ‘Freakout’ Over Occupy Wall Street (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Glenn Beck: Hurricane Irene Is A ‘Blessing’ (thefifthcolumn2.wordpress.com)
The GOP are such hypocrites!
ThinkProgress has already reported on the disdainful reaction the 99 Percent Movement initially received from the mainstream corporate media, as well as the notable double standardin the right-wing media’s coverage of the movement versus the Tea Parties.
But as the protests have demonstrated their staying power, and polls have shown Americans support the movement, a number of Republican politicians have come around on the 99 percent. After leading the denigration and belittling of the movement, some softened their tone, offering understanding and compassion for those in the 99 percent movement. ThinkProgress has the video report.
- Chris Weigant: Friday Talking Points — I Am A 99 Percenter (huffingtonpost.com)
- #OccupyWallStreet – Conservative writer admits ‘infiltrating’ 99 Percent Movement in D.C. (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Top Republicans now ‘understand’ 99%! (publictakeover.wordpress.com)
- Wall Street protests present political dilemma (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The poorest 99 percent (chicagoreader.com)
The week’s top quotes in politics …
“… I don’t miss my shots in the fourth quarter.” — President Barack Obama onbasketball and 2012.
“I’m not a halfway kind of guy.” — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on his decision to endorse Mitt Romney.
“It’s been heaven. My staff can’t find me, nobody can reach me.” — Sen. Patrick Leahy telling the WSJ why he enjoyed the BlackBerry outage.
“They don’t expect to see me at Starbucks or at Chipotle.”— First LadyMichelle Obama discussing her incognito public outings with NBC’s Al Roker.
“We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party.” — Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s wife, Anita, speaking out about her husband’s presidential campaign.
“I just try to get up every day and do my job, and debates are not my strong suit.” — Rick Perry acknowledging that he’s not the world’s best debater.
“I believe in tables.” — GOP debate moderator Charlie Rose approving of Tuesday’s set-up onstage.
“And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I’m going to say you know, I don’t know.” — 2012 hopeful Herman Cainadmitting to The Brody File that he doesn’t know everything.
“I think the devil is in the details.” — Rep. Michele Bachmann knocking Cain’s 9-9-9 plan during the presidential debate.
The White House is holding fast to its claim that Republicans are running a do-nothing Congress, and, unlike President Obama, have yet to put forth a jobs bill — or at least a real one.
Speaker John Boehner’s (R-OH) press office Thursday evening pointedly released a summary of a private phone call he and Obama had earlier that day, in which Boehner took serious issue with Obama’s claims during that morning’s press conference that he has yet to see a GOP plan for job creation. (Obama had called Boehner to congratulate him on the passage of trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia and Panama).
Boehner reminded Obama that House Republicans put forth a “Plan for America’s Job Creators” in May, and noted that he and other members of the GOP leadership team have spoken with the President and his staff about the plan and referenced it on numerous occasions, in letters and elsewhere.
The GOP plan consists of repealing government regulations on businesses, reducing taxes on individuals to 25 percent, allowing businesses to reinvest their overseas profits in the U.S. without having to pay a tax penalty, passing the three trade agreements, maximizing U.S. energy production and paying down the debt by slashing government spending.
But the White House argues that most of those policies — minus the trade agreements (which he strongly supported) — won’t do anything to create jobs immediately, and so Obama and his team don’t consider the proposal a real Jobs plan and they haven’t been shy about saying so.
- White House: Boehner’s outburst shows he’s feeling heat on jobs (dailykos.com)
- Obama Phones Speaker Boehner; Gets Earful (abcnews.go.com)
- White House: Our Jobs Bill Is The Only One That Boosts Economy Now (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boehner whines that Obama is ignoring the Republican ‘Plan for Job Creators’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama, Boehner Chat About Jobs Measures (blogs.wsj.com)
- Speaker Boehner pushes back over the phone (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Congrats – Talks between speaker, president (politico.com)
Yes, they are…
Here’s Rush Limbaugh, sick as always.
On his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh launched another religion-based smear of President Obama: that he is sending troops to Africa to kill Christians. Limbaugh declared that “President Obama has deployed troops to another war, in Africa,” adding that the group being targeted, the Lord’s Resistance Army, “are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. … So that’s a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians.” Limbaugh then claimed that Obama supports “help[ing] the Egyptians wipe out the Christians.”
Sick. Always sick. Eternally sick. And he’s one of the right’s top “thought” leaders.
- Rush Limbaugh, Defender of the Lord’s Resistance Army (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- RUSH: OBAMA Invades Uganda, TARGETS CHRISTIANS (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama sends 100 US troops to Africa to tackle Lord’s Resistance Army, catch Joseph Kony (100gf.wordpress.com)
- US troops help hunt Africa rebels – The Press Association (news.google.com)
- Obama Sending Troops to Aid Africa Anti-Insurgency (abcnews.go.com)
- The War Against the True Blooded Conservative (tbladel.wordpress.com)