This guy is a clown. He actually asked for sanctions against his ex-wife for not providing them with her salary records, bank statements and tax returns. It all seems like a typical smoke and mirrors game to take the spotlight off of Joe Walsh. However, in a Cook County court, a judge ordered Walsh to prove that he is not a “deadbeat dad” and prove that he doesn’t owe $100,000 in back child support.
Get the popcorn ready, Mr. I wanna be in front of the camera 24/7s has some splainin’ to do.
After months of dismissing allegations that he owed his ex-wife more than $100,000 in back child support, U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh was ordered Wednesday to provide the court with proof that he isn’t a deadbeat dad.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega expressed frustration when the Illinois Republican and Tea Party favorite did not appear in court along with his ex-wife, Laura Walsh.
From the Sun-Times:
Walsh’s new attorney, Janet Boyle, asked Vega “for what purpose” he wanted the congressman in court.Vega gave her a puzzled look.
To which Boyle responded: “Mr. Walsh is a U.S. congressman.”
“Well, he’s no different than anyone else,” the judge said.
The judge then issued a “rule to show cause,” asking that Walsh provide proof that he made the child support payments–or risk being held in contempt for falling behind.
- Deadbeat Congressman Joe Walsh still not paying his child support (dailykos.com)
- Judge Orders Walsh to Explain (politicalwire.com)
- “Deadbeat Dad” Rep. Joe Walsh (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Joe Walsh To Skip Obama Jobs Speech, Calls President ‘Idiotic’ (thefifthcolumn2.wordpress.com)
- An Ode to Joe “Deadbeat Dad” Walsh (garystlawrence.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter To Tea Bagger Joe Walsh (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Rep. Joe Walsh Wants Ex-Wife Sanctioned In Child Support Case (huffingtonpost.com)
Once again, I have to wonder what color is the sky on David Barton’s planet? It appears once again, right-wing zealots are trying to distort and dispute facts to fit their own agenda. Here’s another example…
On September 9th David Barton addressed Liberty University where he delivered a speech on “deconstructionism.” Barton blames deconstructionism for most of the ills in society today, arguing that deconstructionism deliberately distorts history in order to promote a secular, left-wing agenda. Barton said that historians have smeared the Founding Fathers, particularly Thomas Jefferson.
According to Barton, the claim that Jefferson had an affair with his slave Sally Hemings and fathered her children was part of a liberal conspiracy to protect then-President Bill Clinton during the impeachment process:
Despite Barton’s allegations, the Thomas Jefferson Foundation found that the “DNA study, combined with multiple strands of currently available documentary and statistical evidence, indicates a high probability that Thomas Jefferson fathered Eston Hemings, and that he most likely was the father of all six of Sally Hemings’s children appearing in Jefferson’s records.”
Not so, says Barton, who argues that the DNA study was invented in order to protect Clinton. He specifically points to Joseph Ellis for distorting the record, but Ellis was originally a skeptic of the claim and did not write the study published in Nature. After the study was released, Ellis conceded it was “beyond any reasonable doubt that Jefferson had a longstanding sexual relationship with Sally Hemings,” but the study was conducted by Eugene Foster of the University of Virginia.
- Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: one of history’s myths? (csmonitor.com)
- Jefferson–Hemings ‘Affair’ Debunked in New Book (prweb.com)
- ArtsBeat Blog: Smithsonian Plans Exhibition on Jefferson and Slavery (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Celebrating the 4th with Jefferson (jer979.blogspot.com)
- Thomas Jefferson’s Life… AMAZING! (usamericanfreedom.com)