Did you think the birther issue had been put to rest? Why, of course not! Author Jerome Corsi intends to pick up where Donald Trump left off with his new book, “Where’s the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President.” Released this week, Corsi claims that he found flaws in Obama’s long form certificate.
Well, this time, Obama and his reelection team are giving Corsi, and anyone else who continues to doubt the legitimacy of his birth certificate, the invisible finger by using the birther nonsense to their advantage—their monetary advantage to be more exact. The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that the Obama 2012 team is selling mugs and t-shirts with the president’s long form birth certificate.
In an e-mail to the Times Wednesday morning, Obama 2012 deputy campaign manager Julianna Smoot said, “There’s really no way to make this stuff completely go away. The only thing we can do is laugh at it—and make sure as many other people as possible are in on the joke.”
For folks who contribute at least $15 to the campaign, they will receive a “limited edition” Obama birth certificate mug. One side of the mug has the long form certificate, while the other side has a picture of Obama with the words, “Made in the USA.” For those who donate $30, they can look forward to a t-shirt.
- Obama Birth Certificate T-Shirts Hit The Market (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Birth Certificate (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Obama Campaign Selling Official Birth Certificate Shirts [Fashion] (gawker.com)
- technipol: Obama campaign courts cash off of birth certificate… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- “Jerome Corsi Book Satirized By Esquire, Joseph Farah Reportedly Angered” and related posts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama Campaign Offers ‘Made In The USA’ Mugs Featuring Long-Form Birth Certificate (mediaite.com)
- White House Targets Corsi Book on Obama Birth Certificate (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING: Jerome Corsi’s Birther Book Pulled from Shelves! (esquire.com)