Hedge Fund Gamblers Earn the Same In One Hour As a Middle-Class Household Makes In Over 47 Years. When I heard this I couldn’t believe it. The same people that want to take away from the middle class want to give those guys more of a tax break. Is this America?
Report confirms Walker budget would cut tax aid for poor, decrease overall taxes. Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget would reduce tax credits for the poor — effectively taking money out of their pockets — while decreasing taxes overall, according to a nonpartisan report released Friday.
U.S. and Allies Seek a Refuge for Gadhafi. The Obama administration has be gun seeking a country, most likely in Africa, that might be willing to provide shelter to Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi if he were forced out of Libya, even as a new wave of intelligence reports suggest that no rebel leader has emerged as a credible successor to the Libyan dictator.
Va. Nuclear Power Plant Shuts Down After Storm. Dominion Virginia Power reports that an apparent tornado touched down on the switchyard supporting the Surry Power Station and the facility’s access road Saturday. The storm cut off the electrical feed from the grid to the station, which is located in Surry County, Va.
Progressive economist Paul Krugman says: Let’s Not Be Civil. “Last week, President Obama offered a spirited defense of his party’s values — in effect, of the legacy of the New Deal and the Great Society. Immediately thereafter, as always happens when Democrats take a stand, the civility police came out in force. The president, we were told, was being too partisan; he needs to treat his opponents with respect; he should have lunch with them, and work out a consensus.”
Sure to drive the Tea freaks nuts, President Obama to ignore ‘czar’ ban. President Barack Obama is planning to ignore language in the 2011 spending package that would ban several top White House advisory posts. House Republicans tacked on language to the contentious spending bill to cut the salaries for four so-called czars — policy advisers appointed to assist the president on health care, climate change, autos and manufacturing, and urban affairs.
- Did You Know (socyberty.com)
- Scalise says Obama violates Constitution over ‘czars’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “Tornado Forces Shut Down Of Two Reactors At 1.6 Gigawatt Surry Nuclear Power Plant” and related posts (zerohedge.com)
- Scott Walker’s budget to raise taxes on poor, middle class and students (americablog.com)
- Southern twisters kill 44 (philly.com)
- After Pledging To Not Raise Taxes, Scott Walker Proposes Hiking Taxes And Fees On The Poor And Students (alternet.org)
- Hedge Fund Gamblers Earn the Same In One Hour As a Middle-Class Household Makes In Over 47 Years (hahayourefunny.wordpress.com)
- Top 25 Hedge Fund Managers Make Almost $1 Billion Each – And Pay Less Tax Than You Do (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)