Reality-teevee candidate Donald Trump loves nothing more than the birthers who are sending him emails, so he’s decided to ride that pony all the way to the political margins. So, despite the fact that the paranoid birther conspiracy has been debunked, re-debunked, and rent to itty bitty pieces, Trump has sent his own “investigators” to Hawaii.
On the “Today Show” Thursday, Trump explained:
“I am saying I want to see the birth certificate. It’s very simple. I want to see the birth certificate. How come his own family doesn’t know which hospital he was born in? How come — forget about birth certificates. Let’s say there’s no birth certificate. How come in the hospital itself, okay? This is one of the…in the hospital itself, there’s no records of his birth. In other words, it doesn’t say how much they paid, where is the doctor, here’s your room bill.”Meredith Viera: “You’ve been privy to all of this, to know this?”
Donald Trump: “Well, I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re talking.”
Viera: “You have people now out there searching — I mean, in Hawaii?”
Trump: “Absolutely. And they cannot believe what they’re finding. And I’m serious.”
Trump went further down the rabbit hole on “Morning Joe” Thursday morning. Willie Geist, Ed Rendell, Donnie Deutsch and — sweet fancy Moses — even Pat Buchanan attempted to talk Trump down out of the tree, to no avail. They ended up basically staring slackjawed at each other and laughing as Trump went nuts.
- Donald Trump Has People In Hawaii Hunting For Obama’s Birth Certificate (businessinsider.com)
- Trump Has Investigators in Hawaii (politicalwire.com)
- Watch: Donald Trump Says He Has Investigators in Hawaii Looking Into Obama’s Birth Certificate (towleroad.com)
- Donald Trump Takes His Search For Obama’s Birth Certificate To Hawaii (mediaite.com)
- Donald Trump Signals He Has Investigators Looking Into Obama Citizenship Issue In Hawaii (huffingtonpost.com)
- Presidential Apprentice: Donald Trump’s Birtherism, Sponsored By NBC (tunedin.blogs.time.com)
- The Birthers Issue: Donald Trump Not ‘Kidding’ Anymore (themoderatevoice.com)
- Trump Has Investigators In Hawaii Who “Can’t Believe What They’re Hearing” About Obama (alan.com)