In lengthy interviews with a conservative magazine, the billionaire Koch brothers mounted an aggressive defense of their business and political interests, describing their liberal critics as “very, very extreme” and “very dangerous” and President Barack Obama as a “radical” with “Marxist” ideas whose success is owed largely to his “silver tongue.”
Obama is “the most radical president we’ve ever had as a nation … and has done more damage to the free enterprise system and long-term prosperity than any president we’ve ever had,” David Koch is quoted saying in a story posted late Friday on the website of the Weekly Standard.
In a grudging reference to Obama’s rhetorical skills, he added: “It just shows you what a person with a silver tongue can achieve.”
David’s brother Charles Koch said of Obama: “I’m not saying he’s a Marxist, but he’s internalized some Marxist models — that is, that business tends to be successful by exploiting its customers and workers.”
The Weekly Standard story comes after months of intensifying scrutiny of the Kochs’ funding of conservative causes including the fights to limit carbon emissions and block last year’s Democratic healthcare overhaul, as well as this year’s showdown with public employee unions in Wisconsin.
- David Koch Has Raised the Bar for Defining Greed (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Fake David Koch Calls Real Scott Walker (news.icanhascheezburger.com)
- Addicted to Koch (powerlineblog.com)
- Thurday Link-A-Round (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- On David Koch and his Twin Brother, William (iflizwerequeen.com)
- “Koch grew huge by stealing oil from Indian reservations” and related posts (markcrispinmiller.com)
- Wall Street Obama might get a surprise from labor in 2012 (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Koch brothers (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Koch brothers and Pritzker boycotts ignored by IEA leadership. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- Koch Fight …is on (ynative77.wordpress.com)