In all honesty I’m concerned that the corporate interests backing Gov. Scott Walker and other GOP and Tea Party Governors across the country may just win this fight based on the enormous amount of power that those guys wield. After all, they’ve even got some members from the Supreme Court of The United States doing their bidding.
As we all know by now, the agenda of the modern day republican party and in particular the tea party and billionaires like Koch Industries who support it…is to roll back FDR New Deal… so that basically we have a country that is run by very wealthy people, essentially eradicating labor laws, minimum wage increases and social security. They want to roll back regulation of banks, SEC, etc.
I often refer back to The Rational Radical i.e., Jack Clark who has placed the following on the front page of his website:
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. ~ John Kenneth Galbraith
THE JACK CLARK COROLLARY
Everything the right-wing does is designed to accomplish one of two things, either:
(a) transfer wealth from everyone else to the rich, or (b) distract everyone else from the fact that (a) is occurring.
There’s no doubt in my mind that as much as we get pissed off with President Obama, the alternate is exponentially worse.
In 2012 we must increase our majority in the Senate and win back the independents who left us in 2010. It is essential that Barack Obama be re-elected to finish the remarkable job (for the most part) that he has done.
More importantly we need a Democratic Majority and Presidency to…
1. Maintain the Constitutionally Proper Role of Government
2. Establish a Supreme Court Majority
3. Maintain Right To Choose
4. Taxes to Maintain our Infrastructure
5. Minimum Wage
6. Maintain Unions
7. Continue Expanding Health Care
8. Safeguarding Our Food, Water & Air
9. Presidential Vetoes
10. War and Peace
The GOP want to dismantle the above agenda. As a country, as a democracy, we cannot allow that to happen.
Say what you will about Barack Obama. Think what you will about him. Just know that if we don’t stand behind him and his agenda, the alternative is a nightmare. The alternative will be what we are witnessing in Madison, WI. on a national level.
- Capitol drama will reverberate for both sides in 2012 races – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (news.google.com)
- “Public Employees Unions Vs. Taxpayers In Wisconsin: Bookerista Perspectives On The Battle Of Madison” and related posts (bookerrising.net)
- Madison Protests Continue, But Governor Scott Walker Is Unmoved (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democrats, GOP trade budget barbs (politico.com)
- Wisconsin GOP ups pressure on Democrats to return and vote – Deseret News (news.google.com)
- Weiner Knocks G.O.P., Praises ‘Progressive America’ (observer.com)