Mediaite describes the interview…
The much anticipated encounter between the leader of the free world, President Obama and the highest rated cable news host, Fox News Channel titan Bill O’Reilly took place and no subject was off limits. For the first half of the interview, the conversation between Obama and O’Reilly was slightly contentious on the topics of Egypt and healthcare reform, yet in the second half of the interview O’Reilly encouraged Obama to be introspective and analyze what was the worst part about being President and how the office has changed him personally.
Obama and O’Reilly seemed to enjoy themselves throughout the live discussion, even during moments of disagreement. Most surprising though was O’Reilly’s announcement that today’s fifteen minute interview is only the beginning, as O’Reilly announced that Obama agreed to answer additional questions that will be shown on tomorrow night’s The O’Reilly Factor on the Fox News Channel. Given how loose and comfortable Obama looked here, even despite O’Reilly’s occasional interruption to keep the President’s answers more brief than usual, it seems likely that many viewers will eagerly anticipate the next part of this showdown.
- Obama, O’Reilly Interview: Super Bowl Sit-Down Between President & Fox News Host (huffingtonpost.com)
- Barack Obama, Bill O’Reilly Super Bowl Interview Scheduled For FOX Pregame Show (sbnation.com)
- Barack Obama, Bill O’Reilly Talk Egypt, Health Care And Football In Super Bowl Interview (sbnation.com)
- Barack Obama Doesn’t Pick A Super Bowl Winner During Bill O’Reilly Interview (sbnation.com)
- Obama vs. O’Reilly could be victory for both (politico.com)