There’s no doubt that birthers will be hounding the President via the courts and some state legislation, over his birth certificate for the next few years. I suspect that when President Barack Obama is out of office, there will still be legislation and debate over the legitimacy of his presidency.
In spite of the lower courts and the Supreme Court’s propensity to dismiss most “birther suits” as frivolous and without merit, this is not going away any time soon…
The Supreme Court has again cast aside an appeal that raised doubts about President Barack Obama’s U.S. citizenship, a grass-roots legal issue that has gained little legal or political footing, but continues to persist in the courts.
The justices without comment Monday rejected a challenge from Charles Kerchner Jr., a Pennsylvania man who sought a trial in federal court forcing the president to produce documents regarding his birth and citizenship.
Kerchner’s attorney, Mario Apuzzo, had argued in a petition with the Supreme Court that Obama did not fit the definition of a “natural-born citizen” required for the nation’s highest office, as defined by Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution.
That clause states, “No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”
Kerchner, a retired military officer who describes himself on his website as a “genetic genealogy pioneer,” argues the framers of the 1789 document intended a “natural-born” citizen to mean someone born in the U.S. to parents who were both American citizens.
Continue reading here…
- Birthers’ newest claim: Obama not a ‘natural born citizen’ because father was Kenyan UPDATED (crooksandliars.com)
- Supremes get case against ‘putative’ President Obama Petition: ‘There exists possibility that he could be an illegal alien’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Daniel Webster Reveals that the Kerchner Petitioners Have Standing to Demand that Obama Show He Is A “Natural Born Citizen”| The Post & Email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Framers Used Vattel, Not Blackstone to Define a “Natural Born Citizen” by: Mario Apuzzo, Esq. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- CDR Kerchner responds to Senator Kit Bond’s assistant on presidential eligibility | The Post & Email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The True Meaning and Interpretation of Article II “natural born Citizen”| The Post & Email (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Birther Bill Introduced in Texas (politicalwire.com)
- Birthers:Chamberpots::Birth Certificate:Chamber Money (redstate.com)