To me, those comments by Fox News readers on Whitney Houston’s death were among the most horrific racist rhetoric that I have ever seen…
This is Why We Fight. This is the nature of the opposition. I live amongst these people here in what they proudly refer to as “the buckle of the bible belt” and I’m here to tell you that John’s post of last week was right on the money. You need to read their sites—Fox News, Free Republic, Lucianne.com, Michelle Malkin’s site, and others. See what they say to each other when they think they aren’t being watched. The palpable hatred and violent fantasies will make you sick, but you need to know what they want, and you need to keep seeing it in their own words. It’s one thing to say “we read them so you don’t have to” but it’s entirely another to make you all see that you do, in fact, need to. In a few days after this thread is dead, some conservatives will post here claiming that it’s all projection and fantasy, just like they did with John’s post last week. None of that will change a thing. If you’ve ever wondered why I dump shit all over the sorry-assed conservatrolls we have here, it’s because there is no fundamental difference between them and the people quoted above. Their world is the world that our little trolls would make, and people such as they deserve only contempt.
Lest you or anyone accuse me of nitpicking, I am specifically calling out the commenters on those sites. But I’ll note that there’s a reason that racists and bigots frequent sites like Michelle Malkin’s site (which is actually pretty ironic) and Freeperland and Fox.
If you love this country, you need to know and you need to fight for it. If you want a better future for your children, you need to know and you need to fight for it.
Well said. This is why I post these excerpts; not because I enjoy reading this ugly garbage, but because it needs to be exposed. One reason why it’s gotten so incredibly horrifying to read comments at right wing sites is because nobody holds these people accountable. In some cases, site owners are just tolerating this sickening racial hatred, but in many others they’re absolutely doing their best to incite it.
Meanwhile, I received at least a dozen tweets and emails from right wingers claiming that I had faked the post, because they couldn’t see any comments on that Fox News thread.
- Update: Fox News Makes Racist Comment Thread Disappear (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Now Fox News Commenters Are Spewing Racist Hatred at Whitney Houston’s Daughter (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Reactions to ‘Fox News Commenters Spew Racism at Whitney Houston’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Bill O’Reilly: ‘Whitney Houston Wanted to Kill Herself’ – VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Whitney Houston’s death really brings out the trolls at Fox News website (dangerousminds.net)
- Charles Johnson (of Little Green Footballs) upset about racist comments on Fox over Whitney Houston’s death (losthighwaytimes.com)
- Bill O’Reilly: Whitney Houston ‘wanted to kill herself’ (thegrio.com)