I really don’t like this man and my tweets to him have demonstrated this…
Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made an appearance at Netroots Nation on Friday, showing up at the progressive activism conference and inciting a minor media frenzy.
A crowd of reporters gathered around Breitbart to ask him about now-former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), who resigned on Thursday after Breitbart drew attention to his online dalliances, and other issues. Shouting could be heard from the meeting rooms, with attendees rolling their eyes over the fact that Breitbart was taking attention away from progressive issues.
Breitbart did not appear to answer many questions.
“Have you ever slept with a prostitute?” a man yelled as he followed him down the hall. “Be careful how you answer. Have you? Just asking.”
Breitbart is in Minneapolis to attend RightOnline, a conservative conference being held as an alternative to Netroots Nation. He will be speaking at the conference at the Hilton hotel on Friday evening, but came by Netroots briefly in the afternoon.
He was denied press credentials, and organizers did not allow him into the main hall without a pass.
A few minutes later, Breitbart left the conference.
Slate’s Dave Weigel caught the interaction on video:
- Stephen Colbert Isn’t Buying Andrew Breitbart’s ‘I Was Duped’ Excuse [Video] (gawker.com)
- Breitbart watching Weiner from afar (politico.com)
- It’ll be a cold day in hell before Andrew Breitbart gets an apology from me (momocrats.typepad.com)
- Heading to Netroots Nation today (americablog.com)
- Breitbart On Rep. Weiner’s Resignation: ‘He’s Making The Wise Decision…Everybody Wants Him Gone’ (mediaite.com)