We’re still calling out the crazies…
Some chose to honor the twelfth anniversary of the September 11 attacks with a moment of silence, others through solemn speeches.
Tennessee Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey, on the other hand, had this to tweet:
As one can imagine, criticism was swift, both from the Twitterverse and from Ramsey’s political opponents:
Even fictional characters called him out on it:
Ramsey did not back down, however, reaffirming his comment in a statement to the press on Thursday:
“Every September 11 since that tragic Tuesday in 2001 has been a day of remembrance. We remember those who died, those who served and those who carry on. But we must also remember those who attacked us and why. The Syrian rebel’s connections to Al-Qaeda are well-established and well-known. I am proud to stand with leaders like Senator Ted Cruz and Senator Rand Paul against coming to the aid of our enemies, enemies who continue to hate our country from afar as they kill Christians in their own country.”
By the by, if you must tweet about 9/11, here’s how you do it.
- Rand Paul asks Americans to form alliance with Assad regime (dailykos.com)
- GOP Official Stands By 9/11 Tweet Accusing Obama of al-Qaeda Alliance (mediaite.com)
- Ron Ramsey criticized for tweet about Obama, Al Qaeda (bizjournals.com)
- The Obama Support and Arming of Al Qaeda (pumabydesign001.com)
- Lawmaker: Obama siding with al-Qaida in Syria (mobile.wnd.com)