Well, Mr. Nugent, you could have fooled me given the fact that you have a rather uncanny passion for guns…
Rocker Ted Nugent said Wednesday that he had never and would never threaten anyone’s life.
“That’s ridiculous,” Nugent told radio talk show host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R). “I mean, I’m a non-violent guy, I don’t threaten. I wouldn’t waste my time threatening, I’ve never threatened anyone’s life in my life. I will not threaten anyone’s life. I certainly wouldn’t threaten the life of the president, or anybody in public office, or anybody anywhere.”
Nugent confirmed that he was contacted by the Secret Service, who are investigating his comments during the NRA convention that he would be “dead or in jail by this time next year” if President Barack Obama is re-elected. Nugent, who has a history of inflammatory comments, said the Secret Service was just doing their job in investigating what he called the “preposterous, outrageous, deceitful dishonest claim that I threatened anyone’s life.”
“I respect their duty to do so,” he said. “The rules of engagement for the Secret Service is to respond even when someone as maniacal as a Wasserman Schultz or Pelosi or Boxer or Feinstein” complains.
“They want to shut me up, and it ain’t going to happen,” Nugent said.
UPDATE – 1:25 p.m.:
The Secret Service has also confirmed they will interview Nugent, according to NBC News. Nugent said he will meet with them Thursday, but the Secret Service could not confirm a date.
- Ted Nugent to Meet With Secret Service (myfoxchicago.com)
- thedailywhat: Ted Nugent Drama of the Day: Ted Nugent, at the… (shortformblog.com)
- Romney Campaign Tells NBC News They ‘Never Solicited’ Ted Nugent Endorsement, Still Hasn’t Rejected It (mediaite.com)
- Ted Nugent Compares Self to “Black Jew at a Nazi Rally” After Being Targeted by Secret Service (eonline.com)
- Rocker Ted Nugent earns a date with U.S. Secret Service after ‘threat’ against Obama (theglobeandmail.com)