Keith and Shamar Thomas – a Marine Corps veteran who attended the Occupy Times Square protest on Oct. 15 and confronted police officers for using excessive force on protesters – discuss what the Occupy movement means to him and the potential for other veterans to get involved.
Thomas, for whom military service is a family affair, pointed out that riot police were not necessary in Times Square. “I’ve been in battle. There was no battle going on.” Thomas wants to inspire other veterans to support the movement: “This is our time – in our generation – to change the greed that is in America.”
- US Marine Corps Sergeant Shamar Thomas Confronts NYPD (Video) (dailypicksandflicks.com)
- Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas Blasts Occupy Wall Street Police (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Video: Veteran Protests Heavy-Handed Police Tactics in NYC: “This is not a war-zone!” (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Lone Marine Makes a Difference (stevebeckow.com)
- 1 Marine vs. 30 Cops at #OccupyWallStreet #OWS VIDEO (Marine Wins) (zerohedge.com)