Unbelievable. I’m beginning to think that utterly ridiculous movie from a few years ago, Idiocracy, is starting to take hold in our country…
You really have to visit the lovely town of Leakey, Texas, home to The Church in the Valley, a hidden little Southwestern sanctuary just 90 miles northwest of San Antonio. It has the most adorable signage! Take, for instance, the one that points to the road and says, ahem:
“VOTE FOR THE MORMON, NOT THE MUSLIM! FOR THE CAPITALIST, NOT THE COMMUNIST!”
Now isn’t that cute? Apparently the church’s pastor, Ray Miller, thought up the idea for the sign all by his little old self. I mean, certain clueless tourists have pointed out that this may conflict with the separation of church and state, but they obviously don’t know how to embrace their cultural surroundings.
Other lovely decorations on the grounds include the sign below, which is less clever, but still profound!
If you’re interested in paying your own visit to Leakey, and all the welcoming establishments it has to offer, just follow this map, included in this post for you convenience, into the bum-fuck middle-of-nowhere Texas. But don’t go if you’re Muslim!
- Political message on church sign stirs sentiment in Leakey (kens5.com)
- Church Marquee Calls Obama ‘Muslim,’ ‘Communist’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Rick Perry Says That Separation Of Church And State Was Satan’s Idea (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Fiji to separate church and state (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Let’s Get Rid of Separation of Church and State! (socyberty.com)
- The Constitution of Separation of church and state (ireport.cnn.com)
- Mitt Romney Attacks The Line Separating Church And State (crooksandliars.com)