This is a strange development…
First it was the ‘left’ turn after the election, then Benghazi cover up accusations. Activists have a list of demands for the conservative network, which some say is ‘not as fair and balanced as I thought.’
Is Fox News going soft?
That is what a number of Tea Party activists are saying and they are organizing a boycott to protest the conservative station’s coverage, especially what they view as the network’s relative silence in investigating the attacks on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
“Particularly after the election, Fox keeps turning to the left,” said Stan Hjerlied, 75, of Fort Collins, Colo., and a participant in the boycott. He pointed to an interview Fox News CEO Roger Ailes gave after the election in which he said that the Republican Party and Fox News need to modernize, especially around immigration. “So we are really losing our only conservative network.”
The three-day boycott lasted Thursday morning through Sunday morning, and is the second time this group of activists have gone Fox-free in an effort to steer the coverage. Organizers say a two-day boycott earlier this month knocked 20 percent off of the network’s regular viewership. (A Daily Beast analysis of the same data showed that the boycott had little effect.)
A spokeswoman for Fox News did not respond to a request for comment.
A leader of the boycott, Kathy Amidon, of Nashville, declined an interview, instead directing The Daily Beast to a website, Benghazi-Truth. The website, a single-page, 23,000-word manifesto complete with multicolored fonts, supposedly incriminating videos of Fox News’s complicity in a coverup, and communist propaganda photographs, is kept by someone who identifies himself online as “Proe Graphique,” and who other members of boycott described as someone who works “in New York media.”
By way of explanation, the website reports: “People ask why not all mainstream media? Why just Boycott FOX? The answer, again, is that FOX needs the Tea Party/conservatives more than the conservatives need FOX after FOX turned left, basically selling out the people who made FOX successful in an attempt to earn an extra buck. FOX is extremely vulnerable to these boycotts while the rest of the MSM doesn’t need us at all, to speak of.”
Organizers then encourage would-be Fox News viewers to wait until the One America network, which is supposed to launch this summer as an alternative to Fox, goes on the air.
- Obama’s Reelection is Literally Destroying Fox News (kstreet607.com)
- Tea Party group boycotting Fox News for becoming ‘too liberal’ (rawstory.com)
- Tea Party group boycotting Fox News for (wait for it) being too left leaning (freakoutnation.com)
- Tea Party Group Boycotts Fox – For Going Too Far to the Left! (newshounds.us)
- The Tea Party is Boycotting Fox News Because It Is Too Liberal (politicususa.com)
- FOX News going soft? (blatherwatch.blogs.com)
- UPDATE Edit T-Partiers Boycotting Fox News…Most Of US Have Been Doing That On/Off For 4 Years (themadjewess.com)
- The Tea Party is Boycotting Fox News Because It Is Too Liberal (eezzbeat.newsvine.com)