“What we need here is the government’s help.” New Jersey Republican.
In her latest short on Real Time with Bill Maher, Alexandra Pelosi illustrates that Republicans are simply not informed. She asks them what spending cuts the government should be making after they insist cuts should be made.
Pelosi asks them about specific cuts, such as education, Medicare, Sandy relief, healthcare, veteran benefits, unemployment benefits and the list goes on. The answer to each suggested cut is “no.”
Can you guess what they want to cut? The answer they give is not surprising. They cling to an ideology. They do so against their own best interest—against your best interest.
Wake up Republicans!!! If you think for five minutes about what you want and what you think you want, you will not be so quick to scream and assume Democrats just want handouts. We don’t have to be so divided. We actually want the same things in life. When will you understand this? When it’s too late?
My question to Republicans is, why do you want to insist on something you can’t even answer yourself?
I fear Maher is accurate when he says “the people are morons, they don’t know what to tell the politicians…, they don’t know anything.”
- Bill Maher Destroys Republican Spending Cut Hypocrites With Their Own Words (politicususa.com)
- Maher: ‘Sh*t-kicker’ conservatives don’t know ‘America has moved on without them’ (rawstory.com)
- Alexandra Pelosi Filming New Documentary on Nancy Pelosi After Cia Fallout? (binside.typepad.com)
- ‘Fall to Grace’: Former NJ governor McGreevey talks about his new life in HBO doc (pix11.com)
- Maher Battles Conservative Panelist Over GOP Hypocrisy, Calls American People ‘Morons’ (mediaite.com)
- Pelosi on raising Medicare age: ‘It’s a scalp’ for Republicans, ‘not a solution’ (rawstory.com)
- HBO to air McGreevey documentary this month (nj.com)
- Nancy Pelosi backs up President Obama on Social Security cuts (dailykos.com)
- Maher: ‘Religion, it’s like Wikipedia. Anyone can write something in.’ (rawstory.com)