From what I could see on the video, the Oakland Police Department have lost their friggin’ minds…
Police officers knocked down and clubbed a young woman during an anti-police march in Oakland late Saturday night, and arrested six people.
Video of the incident uploaded to YouTube showed the young woman riding her bicycle towards a small group of officers. As she approached, officers shoved her to the ground and at least one clubs her with his baton.
Protesters quickly rushed to her aid, and dragged her away from police.
An “Occupy Oakland” press release said the “Fuck the Police” march was held to protest the “brutal campaign of repression” conducted by Oakland police to prevent protesters from re-establishing their camp in Frank Ogawa Plaza. It describes the City of Oakland as a “war zone.”
About 100 people marched from Frank Ogawa Plaza to the Oakland Police headquarters at 7th and Broadway, where more than 50 officers stood guard.
Watch video, uploaded to YouTube, below:
- Allegations Of Police Brutality Mar Occupy Oakland ‘F**k OPD’ Protest (sfist.com)
- Six arrested in Oakland anti-police march (mercurynews.com)
- Explosives Found, 6 Arrests At Occupy Protest In Oakland (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Six arrested in latest Occupy Oakland march (sfgate.com)
- Oh No They Didn’t: Occupy Oakland Proclaims, ‘F**K OPD’ (sfist.com)
- 12 Arrests As Police Dismantle Occupy Oakland Teepee (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Occupy Oakland Protesters Have Permit Revoked (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Occupy Oakland Protesters Shut Down City Hall (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)